Wednesday 30 November 2011

NOBLE IGWE: THE RELATIONSHIP FROM HELL


Source: 360Nobs columnist, Noble Igwe. For more articles, check out 360Nobs

Disclaimer: I am not an expert on this topic and this article is NOT dedicated to anyone in particular. If you observe any resemblance to actual people in your life, kindly forward the link to them and ask them to leave a comment afterwards.

It’s either, am pregnant or someone is pregnant is for me because I have been craving some really odd meals at very odd times of the day.  Like craving Pounded yam and Onugbu soup by 8:00am and then craving Beans & Garri by 8:12am.  I don’t know what the problem is but I plan to figure it out.

Talking about craving, I’ve heard pregnant women crave/like the oddest things. I once heard about a certain woman whom during pregnancy discovered that she liked the smell of the toilet. So, most of the time; she will sit in the toilet to inhale her favourite smell of all times. Dear God, please let my wife’s pregnant craving be the hatred money.

Last night’s craving was Surulere’s Akara, fried yam and plantain. I called a cab and headed off to Surulere.

I was jejely buying my Akara when the couple came. He wanted Akara and Yam but she wanted only plantain. He suggested that they buy few slices of yam and more plantain but she said, they should just get plantain and go. After few minutes of English speaking and a little Yoruba, they ended up buying N150.000 plantain. He sacrificed his yam for her plantain and she wouldn’t even let him buy a piece for himself.

The event got me thinking about relationships and how much we are willing to give/do to make IT work.

I’ve been in all sorts of relationships and have also witnessed different ones. Some good, some wonderful and some made in hell.

Recently, I heard about a relationship of 2 years that currently ended and the dude is planning a thanksgiving. He stays in Lagos while she lives in Abuja. During their 2 years relationship, she only slept in his house 3 times because she said she was not comfortable with the fact that he was staying in a single room, self contained.

He would buy her flight ticket from Abuja to Lagos and back, pay for hotel accommodation, Red cab and food. She was not really into the TFC/KFC things; she only loved food associated with countries such as Thailand, China et al.

On his visits to Abuja, he would also pay... READ MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment